ADIDAS ELBRUS WORLD RACE is created with passion for mountains to give people an opportunity to explore the wild terrain around the highest mountain of geographical Europe – Elbrus (5642), and race there. The races of ADIDAS ELBRUS WORLD RACE are unsupported races in mountain wilderness created with a focus for spirit of sport and mountain security.
Elbrus World Race, Sports Club «Romashkovo» ltd.
Skolkovskoje shosse, d. 32, str. 1, 121353, Moscow, Russia
Tel: + 7 495 220 6949
For payment in Euro:
For you comfort with payment in Euro we appointed an agent in Europe:
Snow First AB
Riddarg. 9B, 856 45 Sundsvall, Sweden
VAT number — SE556940371901
For payment in Euro please use:
Bank account — 9960 2606823082
IBAN — SE72 9500 0099 6026 0682 3082
SWIFT — NDEASESS
For payment in Rubles:
Recipient: ООО Спортивный Клуб «Ромашково», ИНН 7731584964
КПП 773101001, р/с 40702810400000019522 в АО «Райффайзенбанк», БИК
044525700, к/с 30101810200000000700, ОКПО 42943661
2. ADIDAS ELBRUS WORLD RACE races:
10,70 km with 1700 meters climbing on marked course. Individual participation. Time limit – 12 hours. Start from village Verkhniy Baksan on Saturday, 5th of August 2017 at 8.00. 1 point ITRA, 1 point UTMB®. From the finish participants walk by foot down to start.
- Elbrus Trail
33,50 km with 2180 meters climbing on marked course. Individual participation. Time limit – 24 hours. Start from village Verkhniy Baksan on Saturday, 5th of August 2017 at 8.00. 2 points ITRA, 2 points UTMB®
- Elbrus Mountain Marathon
45,50 km with 3250 meters climbing on marked course. Individual participation. Time limit – 24 hours. Start from village Verkhniy Baksan on Saturday, 5th of August 2017 at 8.00. 3 points ITRA, 3 points UTMB®
- Elbrus Mountain Ultra
57,40 km with 3870 meters climbing on marked course. Individual participation. Time limit – 28 hours. Start from village Verkhniy Baksan on Saturday, 5th of August 2017 at 4.00. 4 points ITRA, 4 points UTMB®
- Elbrus Mountain Race
111,20 km with 5430 meters climbing on the course not marked on the terrain – marked on the map and downloadable to GPS. Team of 2-4 persons participation. Time limit – 73 hours. Start from village Azau on Thursday, 3-rd of August 2017 at 7.00. 5 points ITRA, 5 points UTMB®
3. Age groups
There are gender- and age groups in Elbrus Mountain Ultra, Elbrus Mountain Marathon, Elbrus Trail or Elbrus11.
|Group||Year of birth|
|Main Group M/W21||1996-86 and older*|
|M/W 70+||-> 1947|
* instead of group Men/Women18 you are entitled to register the Main Group M/W21. Also from groups older than M/W21 you are entitled to register one of the “younger” groups except Men/Women18.
- Each participant with a successful finish in any of the races of ADIDAS ELBRUS WORLD RACE will be awarded with a Finisher medal.
- The top three teams in Elbrus Mountain Race will be awarded with medals, diplomas and adidas Outdoor Gift Certificates.
- The top three teams in categories WW, WM and MM in Elbrus Mountain Race will be awarded with diplomas.
- The top three women and three men in absolute of the Elbrus Mountain Ultra, Elbrus Mountain Marathon, Elbrus Trail or Elbrus11 will be awarded with medals, diplomas and adidas Outdoor Gift Certificates.
- The top three women and three men in each age group of the Elbrus Mountain Ultra, Elbrus Mountain Marathon, Elbrus Trail or Elbrus11 will be awarded with diplomas.
5. Conditions of Registration for ADIDAS ELBRUS WORLD RACE
To be accepted at the start of any of the ADIDAS ELBRUS WORLD RACE races you must comply with the following conditions:
- To the date of the start in Elbrus Mountain Ultra, Elbrus Mountain Marathon, Elbrus Trail or Elbrus11 you have to reach the age of majority under the laws of your country of residence and not to be under the age of 18 years.
- To the date of the start in Elbrus Mountain Race you have to be at least 21 years old.
- Read and understand the Rules before start. Registration in any of the races of ADIDAS ELBRUS WORLD RACE means complete and unconditional acceptance of these rules.
- Be fully aware of the risks that participating in such races may entail for you.
- To register for participation, pay participation fee within time frames given.
- By registering you attest that you are aware of your health status, own physical capacities and the limits of your technical skills.
- At the start and throughout the race to have available all the obligatory equipment.
- For registration to Elbrus Mountain Ultra, Elbrus Mountain Marathon or Elbrus Trail you must provide to the Organization a reference, proving that you have successfully fulfilled Elbrus11 or at least one distance race – minimum 20 kilometers running or 30 km skiing or 50 km biking.
- For registration to Elbrus Mountain Race you must successfully finish at least in one of Elbrus Trail, Elbrus Mountain Marathon, Elbrus Mountain Ultra or you must provide information, preferably with photos and Internet links, demonstrating your successful experience in extreme mountain running, adventure racing or mountaineering on an altitudes above 2500 meters above sea level – around the clock staying in the mountains in a complete autonomy, and a reference that you have successfully fulfilled at least one long distance race, minimum 30 kilometers running or 50 km skiing or 70 km biking.
- Release the Organization from any penal or civil liability in case of bodily harm or material damage incurred during a race.
- During the time limit for the race you plan to participate in to be covered by special mountaineering insurance covering rescue by helicopter with a coverage of at least 30 000 USD. The insurance can be acquired from the Organization. In case that you arrange the insurance yourself the copy of the insurance must be provided to the Organization at the registration.
- Acknowledge that the event operates in very remote areas that may not be supported by local hospitals, and that transportation to the nearest hospital may take several hours or longer. You further acknowledge that the race route may pass through terrain where emergency evacuation may be seriously delayed or in some cases not available.
- To be solely responsible for obtaining and complying with all specific immigration requirements associated with traveling to and entering Russia and competing in the event. ADIDAS ELBRUS WORLD RACE does not accept any responsibility for, and will under no circumstances be liable (including, without limit, for providing a refund of the participation fee for the relevant event) if you cannot travel to Russia for any reason, including without limit, failure to obtain a visa, or if you are otherwise unable compete in the event because of your non-compliance with any passport-, visa- or other immigration-related requirements.
- For Elbrus Mountain Race each participant must obtain border area permits – one for Kabardino-Balkaria and one for Karachay–Cherkessia valid during dates of the race. The permits can be acquired from the Organization.
ADIDAS ELBRUS WORLD RACE reserves the right to refuse registration without giving any explanation.
6. Participation fees
|Price per participant||With payment in Euro||With payment in Rubles|
|Elbrus Mountain Race||130||8450|
|Elbrus Mountain Ultra||100||6500|
|Elbrus Mountain Marathon||80||5200|
|Elbrus Mountain Trail||60||3900|
Participants taking first 3 places in main classes in any of races in previous year can register for any race free of charge (insurance included) if registering until 15th of March.
- Early registration discount 15% on the registration fee for registrations until 24:00 15th of March if payment received by the Organization before 25th of March.
- Discount 30% on the registration fee for the age over 60 years (a person turns 60 this year). Can not be combined with a early registration discount.
Participation fees are not including:
- Special mountaineering insurance covering rescue by helicopter with a coverage of at least 30 000 USD. The insurance can be arranged by the participant or obtained from the Organization:
Price per participant With payment in Euro With payment in Rubles Elbrus Mountain Race 37 2405 Elbrus Mountain Ultra 22 1430 Elbrus Mountain Marathon 19 1235 Elbrus Mountain Trail 16 1040 Elbrus11 11 715
- For Elbrus Mountain Race only – two border area permits – one for Kabardino-Balkaria and one for Karachay–Cherkessia. The permits can be arranged by the participant or obtained from the Organization: for the person non-resident of Russian Federation the price is for 90 Euro or 5850 Rubles, for Russian citizen residing in Russia the price is 20 Euro or 1300 Rubles. The price is per person for both border area permits. ADIDAS ELBRUS WORLD RACE Organization cannot be responsible in case the State of Russian Federation denies the border area permit to the participant.
The Organization reserves the right to change participation fees due to change of currency exchange rates, the market situation, etc.
7. Transportation for withdrawn participants
Participants of Elbrus Mountain Race, who decide to withdraw from the race, are self-responsible for transportation back to finish or hotel. The Organization will assist in providing return transport from one of the control points/camps to the finish or hotel. Due to off-road nature of the terrain and long distances, cost of transportation is rather high. For the Elbrus Mountain Race the most remote part of the course is located app 300 km by car away from the finish. The maximum cost for transportation can be as high as 13 000 Russian rubles per vehicle and the participating teams must have that amount of money in rubles with them.
Several withdrawn teams/participants will be able to share the same vehicle.
8. Minimum / Maximum limits for number of participants for ADIDAS ELBRUS WORLD RACE
- Elbrus Mountain Race — minimum 50 / maximum 200 participants.
- All races together — maximum 1000 participants.
Registration to ADIDAS ELBRUS WORLD RACE is open online as long as there are places available and will be completed on following deadlines:
- 15th of July 2017 – For Elbrus Mountain Ultra, Elbrus Mountain Marathon, Elbrus Trail and Elbrus11
- 1st June 2017 – for Elbrus Mountain Race for participants who are citizens of Russian Federation residing in Russia.
- 20th of April 2017 – for Elbrus Mountain Race for participants who are non-citizens of Russian Federation
For participants of all races of ADIDAS ELBRUS WORLD RACE – after the participant is accepted for participation by the ADIDAS ELBRUS WORLD RACE Organization a start fee can be paid by card online or invoice will be sent him/her. The invoice must be paid during 7 days. The registration of a participant/team becomes official when the participant or all team members paid the participation fee. If the Organization does not receive the payment during 10 days – the registration might be cancelled by the Organization. Registration after the above mentioned deadlines is not possible.
10. Withdrawals from registration
Withdrawals must be sent in by e-mail to the Organization.
- For Elbrus Mountain Race: The 80% of the start fee will be reimbursed in case of withdrawals, announced by e-mail to the Organization until 1st of June 2017.
- For other races of ADIDAS ELBRUS WORLD RACE: The 80% of the start fee will be reimbursed in case of withdrawals, announced by e-mail to the Organization until 15th of July 2017.
In the case of a withdrawal from registration after above mentioned deadlines, the Organization will retain the full fee.
11. Entry visa and trip to Russia
ADIDAS ELBRUS WORLD RACE Organization will assist participants and accompanying persons with invitation for entry visa to Russia and/or trip to Russia and all the necessary transits. Please register your detailed request with online registration until 10th of June 2017. The price of a Visa invitation letter (per person) – 40 Euro or 2600 Rubles.
ADIDAS ELBRUS WORLD RACE is arranged in the high altitude mountains, where the weather can change very fast, and the combination of cold, rain and wind can give the effect of cold as at very low temperatures. In combination with a small injury or severe fatigue, dark time of day it can become fatal for a participant without a sufficient supply of clothes and food.
- Each participant should carry his/her own obligatory equipment in his/her backpack.
- Number bibs must remain as given to you by the Organization. Making additional markings or cutting is prohibited.
- Participants must have the bib number supplied by the Organization clearly visible during the race.
- The Organizer recommends the use of a rubber band for the number bib attachment.
- Prior the Elbrus Mountain Race a control of the equipment is organized. This equipment check is obligatory in order to be accepted at the start of the race.
- For Elbrus Ultra, Elbrus Mountain Marathon, Elbrus Trail and Elbrus11 — before the start the random equipment check is possible. At the finish of the races — a mandatory control of top six finishers at the Main Group at each distance and the random check for the rest of the participants.
- The Organization can refuse to let a participant start the race or any part of the race if obligatory equipment is missing.
List of obligatory and recommended equipment is published on elbrusworldrace.com.
- Never drop rubbish in the nature. Bring your rubbish with you. Throw it in special places at camps or at the finish.
- Toilet paper waste and human waste must be buried as far as possible from waterways and the racecourse.
- Any littering or other type of pollution or any deliberate damage to the natural surroundings will be penalized.
14. Rescue and medical assistance
First aid posts are positioned at camps. These posts are in radio contact with the event center. A medical team is present during the entire duration of the event at the event center.
It is important that each runner helps anybody in danger and alerts the first aid point. Please do not forget, that due to the nature of the race, one might have to wait for assistance for longer than anticipated. Your security depends on the quality of the material that you have in your backpack.
A runner calling on a doctor or a Organizer representative submits himself to their authority and undertakes to accept their decisions. The first-aiders and officials doctors are especially authorized:
- to put any participant, unfit to continue, out of the race by invalidating the race number.
- to evacuate the runners whom they judge in danger by any means including helicopter.
15. Time limits
Beside the general time limit for each race there are time limits for certain points in the races. It enables the participants to reach the finish in the frame of the general time limit. To be able to continue the race, the participants must leave from the control point before the time limit.
Any participant who has been put out of the race but is willing to continue his/her route is able to do so, after passing his/her number to the race officials for invalidation, and proceeds under his own responsibility and in complete autonomy.
In the case of poor meteorological conditions and/or for the safety, the Organization reserves the right to stop the event underway or to modify the time limits.
The time limits for each race will be defined and communicated prior to start of the race.
16. Withdrawal and return from the race
Any participant must not withdraw from the race anywhere else, than at a control point, except in case of injury. He/she must contact the person in charge of the control point, for invalidation of his/her race number. The runner keeps his/her invalid race number because it is still his/her pass for receiving the bag with a change of clothes at the finish.
Return transport cost is covered by the transported participant and depends on from what point of the race transportation starts and on how many participants there is sharing the same vehicle.
If a participant withdraws from the race outside a control point, going back and meets the closing patrol, the closing patrol will invalidate his/her bib number. After that the participant is free of the Organization control and responsibility.
17. General Safety Rules
- Participants of individual races should follow the marked race route.
- Participants of a team must always stay within visibility of each other, with a maximum of 100 meters between the first and last participant.
- Withdrawn participants of team races should never be left alone. At least one team-member must remain with the withdrawn participant until he/she is under the control of the Organization.
- Participants are not allowed to leave the marked route. If a participant decides to rest – it must be at the control point or in a direct connection to the route and visible from the route. The bib number should be visible on the resting participant. It is a responsibility of the participant that the closing patrol is not missing the participant.
- The Organization reserves the right to refuse a participant to start a section in the case of a health problem or extreme fatigue, observed by one of the Organization’s doctors or officials. No justification is required.
18. Procedure in case of emergency
- Notify the personnel at the nearest control point and indicate, if possible the identity of the injured person, the position, the time of accident.
- Try to make yourself visible or put a participant or team member in a position enabling you to be located.
- At night, turn on your headlamp and place it in a clear area.
- To signal your position, you can also use the survival blanket (pack the blanket when the helicopter is landing).
- When a helicopter flies above you if rescue by the helicopter is needed, you must simulate the letter “Y” for YES by holding his/her legs together and the arms in a “V” sign. If the helicopter is not needed, he/she must simulate the diagonal of the letter “N” (\) with his/her arms.
- When the helicopter approaches, you must pack or remove any object that could be blown away.
19. Modifications or cancellation of the race
- The Organization reserves the right to modify the race route and the positioning of camps and control points at any moment, without warning.
- In the case of too unfavorable weather conditions (important amounts of rain and of snow on high terrain, strong risk of storms) the start can be delayed or the race can be cancelled.
- In the case of poor meteorological conditions, and for reasons of safety, the Organization reserves the right to stop the race or to modify the time limits.
Penalties can range from 30 minutes, for minor infractions, to disqualification for serious infractions. This table defines penalties for various types of infraction:
|False identity of a competitor during the race||Disqualification|
|Unfair behaviour, sabotage||Disqualification|
|Use of non authorised transportation during the race||Disqualification|
|Start on a section after the time limit||Disqualification|
|For Elbrus Mountain Race only — withdrawal of one or several team member||Disqualification|
|Missing Obligatory Safety Equipment||Disqualification|
|Participant is away from the route so the closing patrol does not see the participant||Disqualification|
|Missing Obligatory equipment||1 hour|
|Leaving litter||1 hour|
|For Elbrus Mountain Race only — more than 100 meters between team members on the course||1 hour|
|Loss of Bib Number||1 hour|
|Invisible Bib Number||30 minutes|
|Shortcut on the course, not following the marking||30 minutes|
|Not following the mandatory route||30 minutes|
|Using a forbidden route||30 minutes|
- In case of disqualification, the participant or team is obliged to stop the race. The Organization is not responsible in any way for a participant/team that has been disqualified.
- All penalties are added to the total race time.
- Race officials presented on the race route are authorized to uphold the rules and to impose a penalty for Breach of Rules.
All protests must be in written — in English or Russian language and given to the race director, with a deposit of 50 Euros / 4000 Rubles. The deposit is non-returnable if the protest isn’t met.
22. Picture copyrights
Every participant gives up expressly their claim on picture copyrights during the event, as he/she gives up any recourse contrary to the Organization, the Organizations partners and event broadcasters without any restrictions in time, type of medium or quantity or means of distribution.
23. Event languages
The official languages governing the event are English and Russian.